3 Things to Help LAUNCH Your 2016!
While there are many “Words” that will be shared from the Lord through His prophets, I believe that Hebrews 12:1-2 which has been highlighted on at least three different occasions is one of them, as it seems rather obvious the Lord is speaking on this matter to a large portion, if not the entire body of Christ for this New Year!
3 Things to Launch Your 2016:
- 1.Get rid of distractions, by stripping off encumbrances!
- 2.Strip off sins that ensnare you and hold you captive!
- 3.Run YOUR race, the one Heavenly Father created for YOU to run! His Way and HIS Will being done by LOOKING TO JESUS WHO is the SOURCE of your faith!:
“Therefore then, since we are surrounded by so great a cloud of witnesses [who have borne testimony to the Truth], let us strip off and throw aside every encumbrance (unnecessary weight) and that sin which so readily (deftly and cleverly) clings to and entangles us, and let us run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us, 2 Looking away [from all that will distract] to Jesus, Who is the Leader and the Source of our faith [giving the first incentive for our belief] and is also its Finisher [bringing it to maturity and perfection]. He, for the joy [of obtaining the prize] that was set before Him, endured the cross, despising and ignoring the shame, and is now seated at the right hand of the throne of God.”
Here are three things I believe the Lord is highlighting RIGHT now for the head of the year in order to walk THROUGH this year as those who walk “above” not “below”, meaning, a people who walk with the mind of Christ instead of the world (cultural and social) view.
WHAT to do:
- Strip off every encumbrance. Encumbrance is a burden (burden=worrying responsibility, something carried, a task difficult to deal with), or hindrance (hindrance=something in the way, obstruction of progress). You need to discover what it is that is distracting you. Bear in mind…the enemy is always working to distract us to keep us from using the tools you have been given to overcome him and his evil ways! He uses these “distractions” to deter us from coming against his evil kingdom and his demonic schemes and plans as well as his strategies waged against us and those in our spheres of influence!
- 2. Strip of “that sin” that cleverly and deftly entangles you. Entangles as well as “snares” when you get entangled you are snared. It is something that holds you captive and sneaks in with a very thought out way of coming against you, this means the enemy knows our weaknesses and that is where he will lay a snare to bring a person’s mental, physical and spirituality into captivity to his ideals, thoughts, ways…his kingdom of darkness.
- 3. RUN, ENDURE with STEADY ACTIVE PERSISTENCE the course, path the race of life that is set before you! “run with patient endurance and steady and active persistence the appointed course of the race that is set before us…” You cannot run with stuff all over you pulling you down. You have to get away from all the “distractions” that pull your thoughts, actions, words and mode of living away from the very thing for which GOD has created YOU for, FOR the glory of our Heavenly Father IN Jesus Name and all things ARE possible with GOD. We CAN do all things in the anointing of Jesus … (see Philippians 4:13). We can get supernatural empowerment daily by asking for His great grace for abundant life so we can “respond” not “react” to each situation and circumstance the Way Jesus would, the WAY Holy Spirit WILL lead us, if we only surrender and ask Heavenly Father for His great grace daily and determine to NOT be distracted by things that pull us out of the “secret place”. You WILL have faith when you “look to JESUS the SOURCE of our faith…” as Hebrew 12:2 says!
I would encourage you to go back and read the recent posts (messages) I have shared and meditate upon the Word and what revelation comes to you within them.
How do we do this “stripping off” of these things?
It is simple beloved…
Confessing to God our Heavenly Father in Jesus name that you are doing whatever the sin is and want to come clean!
Ask for HIS forgiveness for it then receive His forgiveness.
You can choose as an act of your will, thereby overriding the flesh, to loose from your soul any of the sins Holy Spirit reveals that includes negative words and/or word curses.
Simply say as a manifested son or daughter I choose to loose from my soul ____ (whatever that sin or encumbrance may be).
Repenting FROM that sin means to change thoughts about it and actions (behavior) as well as words regarding it!
- Take action to do this and not just “talk” about it. This means getting in the WORD for yourself. Even memorize verses so you can recite them aloud during the day, ponder upon them, meditate in other words ON the Word. You will find it does come to life when you do! Remember to “take your thoughts captive TO Jesus”!
If you don’t understand some of the “way” scriptures are written there is a version called ERV Easy to Read Version that is helpful that you might want to give it a go. Amplified, Classic Amplified, One New Man Bible, Aramaic NT are the ones I use most often.
Take time to “study” it, not just “read through”! Look up things in a Strong’s Concordance, go to Hebrew4Christians.com to learn meanings of Hebrew letters of the words you look up in the concordance. Study reference verses on the passage you memorize. Allow a place for Holy Spirit to take you deeper as you study and think upon the verses of scriptures.
Get a plan to read Proverbs for wisdom (very good to memorize these!!!) pick a chapter and don’t just read through it…take time, may be a day or so on that chapter since each verse can stand alone in that book. Read a Psalms to help you “rejoice in the Lord” each morning. Pick a book in NT like start with John and read/study a chapter. Don’t feel you have to “do it in a year” take time WITH the Lord, remember….it’s a “relationship” with Him!
To expound upon a revelation that Kat Kerr brought from the Heavenly Father regarding “loosing and binding”, when you have asked for forgiveness, confessed and loosed it from your soul then you have an opportunity to call back layers of your soul that you have given away. Psalms 23:3 is the verse reference.
- DO what it says! When you read, read with a purpose so you can practice what it says. Allow the revelation Holy Spirit gives to bring change in your thinking and speaking so that your actions will follow suit. THAT IS repentance. Turning and going a different direction in thought, words and actions.
Another portion of the “loosing and binding” is asking Heavenly Father to download INTO your soul something from Him, receive it and then bind it do your soul. Things such as: His Life, His Joy etc. Thank Him and praise Him! Learn to be a “thankful person” who acknowledges HIM in everything! Literally!!! Because every good and perfect gift IS from Him!
- Learn to worship. I mean GET UP, sing, shout, dance and/or play an instrument unto the Lord!!! GET your joy on!!! Choose to play worship music in your home, car etc. to create an atmosphere of Kingdom mindset!
While I am sharing “principles” and “points” to kick start….remember “principles” will never take the place of “His presence” or the “voice of the Lord”.
Religious systems are built upon living by principles, in lieu of living out of the presence. HOWEVER…when someone is struggling to “hear” the Lord, principles are what we are to “fall back” on until we see a breakthrough!
NOT meant to replace presence or hearing the Lord for oneself but meant to be an ever present catalyst point when we have a difficult time hearing or knowing “what to do”.
If in this coming year each person reading this can grasp the depth of what has been shared and live it out…then expect to SEE and EXPERIENCE the goodness of GOD through -out the rest of the year! May you prosper, as your SOUL prospers!
THIS is the Year of Manifestation of the Sons and Daughters of the KING of GLORY!!
SO…LIVE VICTORIOUSLY Beloved in 2016!!
Much Love and blessings to each of you in this NEW YEAR!
Rev. Lori Lynn